Monday, December 29, 2014

New Year, New Exhibit

"Table, Chair & Tray"
oil on linen, 28 x 30
(c) Maggie Siner, 2014
What better way to start the New Year than seeing a solo exhibit by the talented Maggie Siner. Maggie's new show opens in Richmond, VA, on January 2nd, at the Brazier Gallery. There is an opening reception at the Gallery that evening--now that's a way to start the year off with a bang!

I can't make the reception, but you can rest assured that I won't miss the show. I have studied with Maggie
through a series workshops over the past several years, and her work never ceases to astound me. I love the way that her calligraphy remains visible in the finished painting. Such certainty of brush! Maggie paints with an energy that is contagious. In fact, I can almost feel the energy just by looking at the finished paintings. And nobody is a better master of color. 

"Saint Hilaire, Front"
oil on linen, 13 x 10
(c) Maggie Siner, 2014
I painted side by side with Maggie this summer at the locations of the paintings immediately above and below. Her point of view is so striking, and her work so brave and bold, that when I saw her canvases at the end of our sessions, I was in awe. The photos just don't do her paintings justice--it's worth a trip to Richmond to see the paintings in person. The show will be up until January 27.

"Pibernet Mistral"
oil on linen, 13 x 21
(c) Maggie Siner, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment