Friday, March 6, 2015

Fill 'er Up!

March 2015
Well, I have FINALLY met my goal--about a year and a half late! If you have been following that long, you know that when I moved into my new studio I made a challenge to myself. I set a goal of filling this jar with empty paint tubes within one year. To meet that goal would require me to be very generous with the application of paint to canvas. I was intent on painting lushly, putting great thick whorls of paint on the canvas. Ha!! Since then, I have signed two lease renewals, and have just now filled the jar. Instead of painting like a millionaire, I'm afraid I have been painting like a pauper. I think I'll empty the jar now, and see how long it takes me to fill it again. I'll see whether I will lessen my elapsed time. I'm betting I will. But perhaps I am by nature a painter who prefers a thin application of paint. As Maggie Siner has said, a big part of painting is resolving the matter of "Man meets Materials"!

No comments:

Post a Comment