Thursday, November 29, 2018

Announcing Maggie Siner's 2019 Workshop in France


"Les Bassacs Farmhouses"
8 x 12, Oil on Linen
(c) Lesley Powell 2018

Faithful readers know that one of my annual rituals is attending Maggie Siner's painting workshop in Provence. It's a highlight of my year. My husband asks how I can keep going back to the same place, with the same instructor, year after year--he thinks that would get boring. My reply: Au contraire!! I'm excited that the dates have been set for next year (details here).

"Fields near Ochre Woods"
12 x 16, Oil on Linen
(c) Lesley Powell 2018
Available at Huff Harrington Fine Art

Though we stay in the same little hamlet every year, Maggie always scouts out new painting locations. Each location is carefully chosen to help us understand and implement the lesson of the day. The "lessons" are a series of building blocks to help us learn to see and to paint.

I use the term "lessons", but actually the experiences far outstrip that meager word. The workshop is a total immersion
experience, and there is so much information to absorb that it is like the proverbial task of drinking from a firehose. Every year I am prepared to understand more of the wisdom that Maggie offers. Accordingly, every year I learn new things. Sometimes I realize that I may have heard the words before, but I didn't grasp their full meaning until now. 


"Sunset at the Hermitage"
12 x 12, Oil on Canvas
(c) Lesley Powell 2018

It is a true luxury to be able to focus exclusively on painting for an entire week. All of our other needs are taken care of by our lovely hosts--food, lodging, transportation. That frees up our energy to devote to learning. No wonder I feel that I gain so much knowledge each year!

"Two Fields"
Oil on Linen
(c) Lesley Powell 2017

Applications are now being accepted for summer 2019. If you'd like more information, just visit the Painting in Provence website here. Can't wait for another chance to paint in beautiful Provence under Maggie's wonderful instruction!







No comments:

Post a Comment