Thursday, December 20, 2018

Christmas Cometh!



Many of us are busily wrapping Christmas presents, as December 25th draws nigh. I've put my special "ribbon" (pictured above) on a few gifts this year. It's an idea that came to me last year, and it has gotten such a good reception that I kept it up this year.




My preferred painting surface is oil primed Belgian linen. I buy it in big long rolls, like the ones you see hanging in fabric stores. This means that I roll out and cut pieces of linen for each individual painting, in the dimension needed for that particular painting. I have to trim off the selvedges. But I love the way they look, with their sprocket holes and raw linen showing on the side. So I have made a point of removing them in continuous, long strips, which I use as ribbons in wrappiing Christmas presents. It's fun, different, and good for the planet!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment