Thursday, September 24, 2020

MINI, but Mighty!

"Valley Sunset" , SOLD, (c) Lesley Powell 2020

During the quiet of the pandemic, when so many plans have been cancelled, I've had the luxury of time to experiment in the studio. When I want to try new things, I often start small.  



""Village Houses", SOLD, (c) Lesley Powell 2020

The problems of composition, color and value are the same, whether you are painting a big picture or a small one.  But when working on a small scale, you can complete more paintings in less time. That means that you can learn more! As a bonus, when you experience the inevitable failures, you have not wasted yards and yards of expensive linen.




I am now offering a selection of my best small works for sale.  I call them "MINI, but MIGHTY."  They are Mighty because a small painting can have a big impact. And the options for placing them in your home are limitless--filling that empty spot on your wall, completing a bookcase arrangement, highlighting a tabletop arrangement--you name it. 



"Ménerbes", 4 x 6 inches, (c) Lesley Powell 2020

The MINIs are priced at $100 or less. You can check them out on my website here.  They speak of the joy of discovery, and the promise of new things to come. Thanks for taking a look!


No comments:

Post a Comment