Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Provence Beckons



This post is an alert to faithful readers that my newest collection of paintings has just been uploaded to my website.  It's titled "Provence Beckons", and it features scenes from Provence that have inspired me over the years.


"Luberon Clouds"
6 x 6, Oil on Linen, Mounted on Board
(c) Lesley Powell 2021
(SOLD)

This year, for the second year in a row, the painting workshop In Provence with Maggie Siner was cancelled due to COVID.  I've only missed three summers there since 2011! To ease my longing for the fields and villages that I have come to love, I visited them through paint.  I worked from drawings, photos, and plein air studies.  Even memory and imagination played a part.  All of those ingredients went into the new collection. 





I discovered that painting Provence is the next best thing to being there!  If you too have wanderlust, I hope that you will enjoy looking at the new collection.  You can see all of the paintings by clicking here.


"Welcome Home"
9 x 7.5, Oil on Paper, Mounted on Art Board
(c) Lesley Powell 2021

And in case you wonder how one of the paintings might fit in your home, I'm illustrating this post with shots of a couple of the paintings in situ at my house.  The opportunities are endless for paintings this size.  And they make great gifts for art lovers or Francophiles. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Faithful reader but not quick enough for Luberon Clouds. Love those color shades! Two years, who would have thought? It will end and I bet you'll be back in Provence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you--how knows how long this may go on?? Can't wait for the days of painting in Provence again...

      Delete