"Corner of the Salon"
Oil on Linen Panel, 12 x 9 inches
(c) Lesley Powell 2026
Have you ever dreamed of living in a French chateau? Well, I got to live the dream for one short week this summer. I took part in a painting workshop at Chateau de Puy Vidal, in the Charente region of France.
The Chateau is a true treasure. Its interior spaces are very architecturally pleasing, and are furnished with antique tapestries, art and period furniture. And wonder of wonders, we were allowed to paint inside the Chateau! It's very rare to be able to paint inside of a historic interior, so I made the most of it.
I loved the giant hearth in the Renaissance dining room (above). It conjures up storybook images of noblemen in fitted doublets and leather boots, roasting their game in the fireplace.
The grounds were just as beautiful as the interiors. They included an amazing evergreen maze, peopled by lovely statuary. And a series of garden rooms that just begged to be painted. Truly, one could spend months and months here, and never run out of things to paint. Maybe I'll get to return one day...
If you'd like to see the complete Chateau Collection of paintings, you can just click here.




Love all of them!
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking a look! You can see more of them on my website. So many intriguing motifs!
DeleteLove all of them!
ReplyDelete