Friday, January 25, 2013

Wrap Sessions



"Wrap Session, Yellow"  
20 x 20  
Oil on Canvas  

During the chilly winter months, I have enjoyed painting a series of still lifes in my studio.  I have been experimenting with color and texture.  You should see my props closet--it puts most flea markets to shame!  I have discovered that tissue paper is a great way to inject a pop of color, and to set the color theme for the painting.  In the painting above, I was aiming for a calm palette of greys and yellows.  A heavily tarnished silver sugar bowl, which was a gift from a friend, partnered well with the yellow tissue-wrapped package.  See below for more of the series.  And stay tuned for more adventures in still life!

"Wrap Session, the Blues
18 x 18
Oil on Canvas

By the way, these two paintings are showing at Huff Harrington Fine Art (Atlanta) in their annual show called "A Grand Affair", through February 4, 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment