Monday, June 10, 2013

Inviting Interiors

"White Wicker"
12 x 12

I love to paint interiors, and have recently started a new series. The plan is to depict some of my favorite spaces, both close to home and far away. Most of them are places where I have been lucky enough to spend some time--but not long enough! It is so tantalizing to glimpse a special space, or spend a day or two there, and leave wanting more.


The painting above is a scene from the guest bedroom at a friend's house in Maine. It's one of my favorite views, surrounded on almost all sides by the water. This painting just says "Summer" to me. You can learn more about it here.



"Studio Reading Spot"
24 x 20
 
Much closer to home, the painting above is right in my own studio. I painted this one on an overcast winter day earlier this year. I was tempted to quit work, plop down on the sofa, and enjoy that cup of tea! This painting can be seen at Providence Gallery, in Charlotte.

Hope you enjoy these. There is more to come!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment