Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Status Report


Earlier this year I wrote about my resolution to put more paint on the canvas--my "Paint like a Millionaire" piece. At the time, I showed a photo of this jar, and disclosed my resolution to fill the jar with empty paint tubes before the first year of my studio lease was up.

Well, I renewed my lease this month, so I am reporting in. Here is the jar today. Not quite three-fourths full--I didn't meet my goal!! Just another factor to help push me to be more generous with the paint. 

In my defense, I left a few empty tubes in France, after two intensive weeks of painting there.  Here is a photo I took following the Maggie Siner workshop in Provence. This was a very large (150 ml) tube of white paint. I have titled the photo "I Can't Believe I Used the Whole Thing!"


Stay tuned as I march on toward the goal...





No comments:

Post a Comment