Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Just off the Easel


"Across the Pond"
11 x 14, Oil on Linen
(c) Lesley Powell 2014
The time is drawing near for the painting workshop with Maggie Siner in Provence. I have started to organize my gear and to dream. I am dreaming of cool mornings, hot afternoons, fresh Provencal food and--most of all--new insights and inspirations to bring to the easel.


"Cypress at Sunset"
9 x 14, Oil on Linen
(c) Lesley Powell 2014
It is a privilege to study with Maggie Siner. Especially so in the landscape of Provence, where she lived for many years, and with which she is intimately familiar.


"Road through the Olive Grove"
20 x 20, Oil on Canvas
(c) Lesley Powell 2014
In preparation for the trip, I have been working on some studio paintings that are based on color studies and sketches that I did on location last year. It's the next best thing to being there...

No comments:

Post a Comment