Monday, July 29, 2013

New Fashion Show

"Dressy Top"
12 x 12

Time for a new "fashion show"--the latest of my Garments Series hits the runway!

I have really enjoyed working on these still lifes from my closet, which I've been calling my "Garments Series".  It is a great exercise in learning to see a particular color, and how that color appears in light and shadow. Since I work with a limited palette, it forces me to really focus on mixing the right colors and color relationships. This series has taught me a lot about how to push color.

"Darling Dress"
8 x 6

This second painting shows a little girl's dress. I saw it at a vintage clothing stall, and it was just so adorable I had to paint it. 

I have now painted many of my favorite wardrobe pieces...looks like time to go shopping!







No comments:

Post a Comment