Sunday, November 17, 2013

Polytych


"Chateau de Bourgane", ensemble 18 x 74
You may recall my earlier post about "Chateau Love". I was so drawn to this crumbly old chateau in Provence that I decided to undertake a bold effort to present it in a polyptych. Or maybe it's a double diptych. I'm frankly not sure exactly what to call it!




This was a real design challenge. I wanted each panel to be able to stand on its own. I also wanted any two adjacent panels to pair up well as a diptych. And any three adjacent panels to work as a triptych. After much sketching and head-scratching, I think I developed a layout that is successful.



The height of each panel is 18 inches, and the panels vary in width from 14 inches to 24 inches. I wanted to have the end panels the same size (for harmony) and the other panels different sizes (for syncopation).



These paintings are available for sale either collectively or individually--as single paintings, as a diptych, as a triptych, or as a quadriptych or in any combination of the above. Let your imagination run wild! You can read more about the paintings on my website here.


No comments:

Post a Comment