Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Color of the Year 2015



It's that time again: Pantone has announced its Color of the Year for 2015. And the winner is..."Marsala". Yes, the color of Marsala wine. Said to be rich and full-bodied, "naturally robust and earthy".




I have written before about Pantone's annual announcement, so if you have been reading, you know that I have mixed feelings about being told what color is "in".  I have read
mixed reviews of the Marsala color. I hope it is not the start of a return to the dusty mauve shades of the 1980's. Despite the objections of some naysayers, the color is already showing up in fashion and home accessories. 


"Wrap Dress"
14 x 11, oil on linen
(c) Lesley Powell 2013
In the spirit of the times, I share the only painting in my studio that comes close to the Marsala tones. It is part of my Garments Series. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment