Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Preview the "Small Gems"!

A patient supported by Arts for Life
Thursday's the big day: the official start of my Sixth Annual SMALL GEMS benefit sale. I am very excited about this year's collection, and wanted to offer my blog readers a sneak preview. The Gems are my favorite small paintings, specially selected and priced for holiday gift-giving. You can see all of the Gems on my website here. To purchase, just click the "Contact the Artist" link at the bottom of the artwork page, and I will respond. Prices start at $150. Nothing makes a house a home like original art--and the Gems benefit a special cause. See details in italics at end of post.

This year's beneficiary will once again be Arts for Life. I have considered many options, but honestly none touch my heart the way that Arts for Life does. My personal experience working on art projects with a young cancer patient has left a lasting mark on me, and I am thrilled to have found an organization whose mission is to bring the arts to kids in the hospital. I could not say it better than their logo does: "Inspiring Courage through Creativity"!



Half the price of every Gem sold before December 25 will go to Arts for Life. We know that arts projects help make long days in the hospital seem shorter, and give young patients something to look forward to. In addition, evidence suggests that art actually exerts a healing power, Arts for Life is positioned to bring that power to thousands of young patients. Please join me by participating in the Small Gems sale and bringing a bright spot into the lives of these kids and their families.

If you have friends who may be interested in supporting the cause, please forward this post to them--thanks for sharing!


Design by Barbara Heath
Should you need inspiration for using Small Gems in your home, check out the photos  in this post (one of these is from my own house!). I love the small paintings grouped on the left in the photo above--they play so well with the large abstract piece. It doesn't matter whether your style is traditional or contemporary, elegant or rustic--a Small Gem is a way to make your space sing, and to help bring joy to kids facing serious illness!


Photo from Vogue

This one in my own house!
Decor by Phoebe Howard

Photo from New York Social Diary

Decor by Phoebe Howard


DETAILS: Each sale is "Satisfaction Guaranteed"--if the painting doesn't work in your home, you can return it within 10 days, no problem. Purchasers outside NC--no sales tax, but you pay UPS shipping. Check preferred, but credit card possible. Sizes and prices are on my website, in the description of each painting. Gems are priced with and without frames. I will gift wrap too! Click the "Contact the Artist" link on the artwork page to make a purchase. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. I love this Lesley! Great options for all those small gems :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Jo. With your decorating expertise, you could doubtless find some great spots for these Gems!

      Delete